Personal Data Collected
We may collect the following information during your online interaction with our Services:
- Home/work/other email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Business name
- Postal or other physical address
- IP addresses
- Device identifiers (type of device you use, operating system version, and browser)
- Demographic information (interested and preferences)
- Other information related to client surveys
How Personal Data Is Collected
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Services:
- Account registration
- Use of certain web features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our website
- Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Services
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
Processing Your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful basis for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Services and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Internal record keeping
- Periodically send promotional emails about new Services, special news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Fulfilling requests you make related to our Services
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your payments and deliver our Services
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- To provide support and assistance for our Services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- To provide customer feedback, questionnaires, surveys and other support
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on services that may be of interest
- To meet contract or legal obligations
Personal Data Retention
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary for original collection purpose, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Near Perfect Media, but note that you may be unable to access certain options or services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- Using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails
- Enforcing your rights noted in the “Access Your Personal Data” section of this policy
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address in the “Contact Us” section.
Access To Your Personal Data
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data as noted below. To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: Request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. Request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: Correct or supplement the Personal Data we are holding about you that you believe is incorrect or incomplete.
- Objection: Object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: Request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: Restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Withdraw your consent of further processing of your Personal Data. Please note, however, that if you
exercise this right, you may have to then provide consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint: To file a complaint about Near Perfect Media’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
We will respond to your requests within 28 days. We will aim to provide you with a complete response; however, some requests are more complex in nature and may require more time. If more time is needed we will keep you informed of our progress.
Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any websites in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure from unauthorized access or disclosure and have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect during your online interactions with us.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
What are Cookies and How Does Near Perfect Media Use Them?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites and services that you visit or access. They are widely used to make websites work and function with greater efficiency, and to provide information about our users experience during use of, or interaction with, our websites, services and advertisements. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Some cookies last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you exit your browser; other cookies may last for longer than your web session, including after you exit your browser, for example by remembering you when you return to our website.
The table below explains the cookies that Near Perfect Media and our third party partners use and why.
|Statistics – Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||HTTP||nearperfectmedia.com||2 years|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||HTTP||nearperfectmedia.com||session|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||HTTP||nearperfectmedia.com||session|
|Marketing – marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.|
|NID||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||HTTP||google.com||6 months|
Cookie consent and opting out
By using our website, we assume that you are providing consent to place cookies on your device. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting if any user of your device wishes to withdraw your consent. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
Certain features of Near Perfect Media’s Services and advertising depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
By clicking ‘Accept’ your consent has been provided and our Cookie consent request message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another user of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings.
Controlling Cookies in common browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge
(Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
(Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Some of our third party partners use technologies such as cookies and other technologies to gather information about your activities on this website, our affiliates’ websites and unaffiliated websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have information about your online activities over time and across different websites used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you can opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the EU click here). Please note that (1) this does not opt you out of being served ads and, even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you will continue to receive generic ads and (2) we store your opt-out preference for interest-based ads in a cookie on your device and therefore you may have to opt out again if you delete your cookies.
Near Perfect Media may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend you review this page when returning to our website. This policy is effective May 24, 2018.
You can also contact us by writing to this address:
Near Perfect Media
Attention: Data Privacy
43700 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302